The task of a family physician is to diagnose a disease at an early stage and send a patient to the specialist in case of necessity. A qualified family physician will be able to determine disease symptoms of the endocrine system, respiratory and digestive organs, urinary system, connective tissues, cardiovascular organs, as well as haematogenous system organs.
A family physician’s duty is to take care not only of ill patients, but also of the healthy patients, so that they did not get ill!
What type of aid can a family physician provide?
- To determine the correct diagnosis. A family physician is able to precisely diagnose the disease of 80% of patients who turn for help. He/she uses his/her knowledge, experience and diagnostic equipment.
- To apply and provide efficient treatment. Preparation of a special professional family physician presupposes the provision of medical aid in therapy, paediatrics, outpatient surgery and traumatology, gynaecology, urology, gastroenterology, otorhinolaryngology and other fields.
- In case of necessity a family physician shall write out a referral for a patient:
- to other physicians-specialists;
- to have diagnostic tests;
- to rehabilitation;
- To draw up documents. (Sickness certificate, statement for school, etc.)
- To develop individual prophylaxis and rehabilitation programmes.