Physical therapy is used for therapeutic and preventive reasons.
At our physical therapy room, we use electrotherapy, light therapy, heat therapy, ultrasound and massage methods to treat:
- back pain, joint pain, bone and muscle pain;
- complications and consequences of bone fractures, dislocations, ligament strains, bruises and other types of trauma;
- consequences of neurological diseases, for instance, stroke, etc.;
- cardiovascular diseases;
- cicatrices and scar tissue;
- lung diseases (bronchitis, bronchial asthma, lung inflammation);
- chronic diseases of gastrointestinal tract, ulcers;
- diseases of leg blood vessels (dilated veins, vein inflammation);
- diseases of ears, nose and throat;
- urinary incontinence;
As a result of physical therapy procedures:
- pain is reduced;
- oedema is reduced;
- inflammationis reduced;
- absorption processes in the tissue are stimulated;
- metabolism is stimulated;
- movements are restored after trauma;
- immunity of the body is increased.
Contraindications of physical therapy (when it must not be used):
- psychiatric diseases
- pulmonary tuberculosis in acute phase
- arterial hypertension of II-III grade
- severe atherosclerosis
- acute phase of an infection (including sexually transmitted infections)
- chronic heart failure of III-IV class
- benign tumours (uterine myoma, mastopathy, thyroid nodules)
- febrile temperature
- bleeding of various aetiology
- metal bodies within the area affected by physical therapy, cardiac pacemakers
Extended description of equipment in physical therapy:
Amplipulse (MSMS) analgesic, neurostimulating, spasmolythic effect: myalgia, radiculopathy and pain of other origin, hypotonic muscles, diseases of internal organs (gastric atony, biliary dyskinesia, atonic and spasmolythic constipation), urinary incontinence of a neurogenic nature.
Darsonvalization circulation improving effect, improves tissue metabolism, trophic: skin diseases, loss of hair, sensory disorders (hypo-, hyper- esthesia), mild analgesia, increases muscle tone (uterine prolapse of I degree, urinary incontinence caused by sphincter weakness), Raynauld’s disease of 1st and 2nd stage, venous insufficiency, varicose veins, haemorrhoids.
Ultra high frequency (UHF) treats inflammation, oedema: acute otitis, maxillary sinusitis, pyoderma, boils, hidradenitis, trophic ulcers, post-injection and post-surgical infiltrates, encephalitis, inflammatory and traumatic neuritis, causalgia, neuralgia, cystitis, urethritis, prostatitis, myositis, epicondilitis, tendovaginitis, arthritis, bone fractures, polyarthritis. Long-term therapy is prohibited, because it stimulates proliferation (adhesions).
Magnetic therapy anti-oedematous, hypotensive effect - used in cases of chronic processes: thrombophlebitis, venous insufficiency, post-traumatic oedemas, bruises, neuritis, plexititis, radiculopathies, degenerative diseases of the musculoskeletal system.
UVA locally: rhinitis, stomatitis, otitides, boils, achalasias. General: psoriasis, pyoderma.
Ultrasound increases metabolism, enzyme secretion: in cases of chronic diseases (degenerative diseases of the musculoskeletal system, torpid bronchitis, neuralgias, osteophytes).
Galvanisation (medicinal electrophoresis) has the effect of injected medicinal products.